As a newly trained hypnotherapist, it can feel uncomfortable or even scary to step into your new role as hypnotherapist.
Explaining how the process works, defining what hypnosis is and is not, and building rapport can be enough to deal with before the hypnotherapy session even begins.
Don’t worry, with enough practice and continued training you will become pro in no time!
I remember doing my first hypnotherapy session after my training. I was both nervous and excited. Was it going to work? Can I do this on my own? What happens if I don’t know what to do at some point during the session?
So much mind chatter can enter your thought stream as a newly trained hypnotherapist. So how do we stay grounded and confident as newly trained hypnotherapists?
Advice to Hypnotherapists from Hypnotherapists
Here’s the best advice to newly trained hypnotherapists.
1. Allow the client to lead and go where they need to go for healing and release. Don’t try to force it.
2. Relax and breathe.
3. Learn to identify and treat the subtleties of shock (including Self).
4. Follow the script, remember the client is going to get exactly what they need, treat your shock, and breathe.
5. The client doesn’t know if you’re doing it “perfect”. Just be you. They will know if you are real.
6. Keep doing your own work to stay grounded during sessions.
7. It’s okay if the session doesn’t go “as planned.” Take your time, breathe, and follow your own intuition and inner wisdom. All works out the way it should. The soul really does know where to go.
So what’s next after you complete your 5-Day Hypnotherapy Training at Boulder Hypnotherapy Institute?
Join our Past Life Regression Training and discover your own past lives and get certified while you do.
Further your study and explore advanced hypnotherapy techniques when you join our Advanced Hypnotherapy Training and Certification.
Define your hypnotherapy niche with our Hypnotherapy for Weight Loss Training and Certification and become a Weight Loss Expert.
For those of you who are ready to build your private practice, join our Business of Hypnotherapy Intensive.
Digitally transform your hypnotherapy practice and learn how to facilitate Hypnosis for Groups (both online and in-person).