The word soul means essence.
When we experience Soul Loss, parts of our essence split off or dissociate from us.
When this occurs the result is a loss of life force energy. This loss of essence prevents us from living a healthy, fulfilling, and creative existence.
It’s common in this culture to refer to a person stuck in a lifetime pattern of self-negative behaviors, like addictions, as a “Lost Soul”.
To recover these lost parts of ourselves and to become balanced, whole, centered, and inhabit our bodies again, we must first identify the symptoms of Soul Loss.
Here are some of the most common symptoms of Soul Loss that you or your clients may experience:
- Memories and parts of your life have been blocked out.
- You experience strong periods of depression.
- Parts within yourself feel missing or broken.
- You experience a general emotional numbness to life.
- Constant feelings of fear or anxiety plague you.
- You go through long periods of insomnia.
- You feel lost or incomplete.
- You feel like a ‘different person’ after a shocking or traumatic life event.
- You feel stuck or incapable of overcoming a certain issue in your life.
- You feel disappointed with life.
- You feel as though there are multiple “selves” within you.
- You try to escape by turning to alcohol, drugs, sex, television, or excessive busyness.
- You feel unworthy of being loved.
- You are experiencing a dark night of the soul and/or spiritual emergency.
- You want to find your purpose and meaning in life.
- You feel like your daily life is meaningless and task-driven.
- You avoid feeling vulnerable and keep others at a distance.
- You long for wholeness and a sense of belonging.
- You sometimes feel that you’re not in control of yourself.
- You constantly feel mentally or physically fatigued for no medical reason.
- You thirst for authenticity and complete acceptance of yourself.
How many of these resonated for you? Do your clients ever report feeling this way?
Now that you’ve identified the symptoms of soul loss, learn how to bring these lost parts back during our Soul Retrieval Intensive: Mending Pieces of the Fragmented Self.